MJH Healthcare Holdings, LLC ("MJH", "we", "us" and "our") operates this and related websites and any content made available from or through the websites, including any subdomains thereof, or any related smartphone or mobile applications (the "Site(s)"), and the services offered on or in relation to the Sites (the "Services").
A partial listing of these sites include:
The American Journal of Managed Care
Healthcare Research & Analytics (HRA)
Physicians Education Resource (PER)
Physicians Money Digest
(You may see the full list of sites at http://www.mjhassoc.com/)
By visiting the Site, or by using one of the Services, you are accepting the practices described in this Policy. We may amend this Policy at any time; if we make changes to this Policy, we will post those changes on this page so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it. We will not apply changes to this policy to personal information previously collected without your prior consent. You are responsible for checking this Policy periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Site following any changes to this Policy will constitute your acceptance of such changes. If you disagree with how we may use your information under this Policy, you should not use the Site.
This Statement was last revised March 1, 2016.
1. Collecting Information
We collect information/data that users provide through registration on our Sites for some services. In addition, we also collect non-personally identifiable information (i.e., information that is not traced back to any individual and is not used on its own to identify an individual) through tracking systems depending on the Service being used by you. The tracking systems include deriving data by tallying page views throughout our Sites and capturing information on the type of browser being used to view the Site, tracking what pages you have visited while on the Site and, in market research studies, tracking what computers respond to a survey. This information enables us to better provide Services and content and to respond to our users' needs. It also is used to help our advertisers and sponsors to better understand the demographics of our audience (solely on an aggregate basis).
- Registration: Some services require user registration. For the registration process, we may require information such as, name, e-mail address, zip code, and other profession information. The type of information required will depend upon the service you are accessing. Registration will provide you with choices regarding the types of newsletters and other information we send to registered users from time to time. For applicable professional market research programs, information about children or other categories of sensitive information is only collected with explicit consent and is protected against improper use, consistent with applicable law. By registering with us you agree that we may send you emails and other communications from time-to-time regarding information specific to our Service(s) or other opportunities we may provide. You may remove yourself from a mailing list at any time by following the opt-out links at the bottom of every email we send you.
- Forums: You may be provided a forum where you can share information with other users and have a free exchange of ideas. These discussions are open to the public and are not considered private. Any and all information that you provide on a forum of any kind is public and may be collected by us and/or by third parties. Users of any forums should take care when posting any personal information in a public forum.
- Market Research: You may be invited to participate in market research studies for us and market research surveys conducted on behalf of third party sponsors either by us or a third party. When participating in such a survey, in addition to providing your responses to the survey questions, you may be asked to provide personally identifiable information that may be combined with information that you have already provided at registration or that we have received from a third party source.
- Continuing Medical Education: By participating in Continuing Medical Education (CME) or a Continuing Education (CE) activity through the Site you may be asked to provide Personal Information.
- Cookies: A cookie is a small text file that resides only on your own computer and that can be accessed only by the server that originally created the cookie. Cookies enable us to understand how visitors use our Sites, and help us improve the site for both users and advertisers.The "Help" function in your web browser explains how to manage cookies. Some of our Services will not function properly if your browser does not accept cookies.
2. Use of the information
We may use your information for any lawful business purpose, including, but not limited to, corresponding with you, providing announcements, offering or furnishing products and services, personalizing the types of information you receive from us, assessing trends in your use of the Sites, developing content and functionality that helps us better serve your needs, improving the services we provide and engaging in advertising and marketing activities. In addition, here are some examples of the ways in which we may use information:
- To respond to your questions;
- To provide to you the services or subscriptions you select;
- To contact you regarding CME activities, news, or other resources;
- To send you information you request;
- To send and manage educational outcomes measurement surveys;
- To advise you of products or services that may be available;
- To notify you about website maintenance, updates, and new features;
- To confirm or fulfill purchase and registration requests;
- To display content we think may be of interest to you and otherwise help us customize what you see when you visit the Website;
- To solicit user feedback to assess user-satisfaction or other needs and interests;
- To help us in creating new tools, features, and services;
- To send you materials on behalf of trusted third parties;
- Otherwise in rendering, administering, and improving the Website, our services, and our business.
- Continuing Medical Education When you elect to request credit for completing a Continuing Medical Education (CME) or a Continuing Education (CE) activity through the Services, you will be asked for such personally identifiable information as is required to process the request, including, for example your name and mailing address. . Information that you provide in connection with your participation in CME/CE activities, either when registering or requesting credit, may be used in several ways, such as: (1) To provide required reporting on CME activity usage to the appropriate monitoring bodies and involved CME providers. These reports may include personally identifiable information about you and credits issued to you; (2) To study the CME activity in order to study its effectiveness and understand educational needs, and (3) To respond to your comments and questions. We also aggregate non-personally identifiable information about the activities undertaken by CME/CE participants. Supporters of CME/CE activities will receive only aggregated data about CME/CE activities that they support.
3. Sharing of the Information
There are some ways that we may share your information which include (a) as noted herein to the extent you have voluntarily agreed or are clearly notified of and consent to by using the Services, (b) with third parties that assist us in providing our products or services or in responding to your request, (c) as necessary to comply with applicable legal requirements, including but not limited to the CAN SPAM Act or (d) as otherwise set forth in this Policy. We may share any information that is collected our subsidiaries and affiliates subject to the terms of this Policy. We reserve the right to disclose, share or otherwise transfer any information to our affiliates or to a third party in connection with a corporate merger, acquisition, consolidation, the sale of substantially all of our assets, or other fundamental corporate change, whatever form it may take.
Some visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. We may use third parties to help facilitate, manage, and/or analyze our Services. These third parties may have access to your personal information. These parties may only use the information to perform services on our behalf and may not disclose such information.
Here are some additional examples of the ways in which we may share information:
- Market Research Studies: From time to time, we may invite you to participate in sponsored or unsponsored market research studies. These studies are intended to give specific anonymous feedback to third parties. When you take part in such market research studies, your identity as a participant may be shared but your contact information will not be disclosed and your answers will remain anonymous. Collected information will not be shared in a manner that is correlated to your personally identifiable information.
- Sponsored Programs: We encourage you to support growth and development of the Site(s) and Services by participating in industry-supported programs offered on or through the Site(s) and Services. When you participate in industry-supported programs you agree that your name, specialty, profession, and the content you participate in along with any information you chose to provide, can be shared with the industry sponsor. Participation in these programs is purely voluntary.
- Advertisers: We may share aggregate information with our current or prospective advertisers and other business partners. This may include some limited personal Information so that the advertiser may evaluate the performance of its campaign. We are not responsible for how these third parties use your information and manage your privacy.
- CME: We may disclose your limited personal information which does not include your professional affiliation/institution, address, or contact information to third parties who solicit and/or manage non-CME symposia held in conjunction with our conferences. We may share your Personal Information with the accreditors of our continuing education programs. We may also provide your information to third parties who exhibit at our conferences. Third party vendors are prohibited from using NPI or limited PI contained in pre-registration and attendee lists to: engage in activities that would violate any fiduciary or contractual relationship; any applicable local, state, national, or international law; or any regulations having the force of law, including but not limited to operating an illegal lottery or gambling operation, stalking or making threats of harm; transmit Content that is inaccurate, harmful, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, racist, violent, offensive, or harassing; causes duress, distress, or discomfort to another; otherwise objectionable to MJH or the conference sponsor; violates or infringes anyone's intellectual property rights; constitutes electioneering, such as exhortations to vote for or against any candidate for public office; is misleading, incomplete, or incorrect related to any aspect of cancer diagnosis, treatment, and care; implies a relationship with or endorsement of MJH; or solicits for any for-profit venture, operation, or effort.
4. Third Party Sites.
Our Sites may provide links to third party websites and resources. Such links are provided as a convenience to you and for informational purposes only. We are not responsible for and cannot control these third party websites and resources, does not endorse them, and are not responsible for their availability, content, or delivery of services. Third party websites and resources are not bound by this Policy; they may have their own policies or none at all. We encourage you to read such other third party websites' privacy policies.
5. Delete/deactivate policy
Users may unsubscribe to any of our email communications at any time by following the instructions contained at the end of every email we send. If you no longer wish to use any services or receive any information from us, you may request to have your personal information removed from our databases by sending a request via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by fax (609-716-4747), including your first and last names and e-mail address with which you originally registered. Changes or corrections to your information may be submitted in the same fashion.
When you register with us, you may be prompted to opt-in to additional Service(s). Opting-in means you agree to receive information relevant to the Service you selected, whether it is sent directly by us or sent by us on behalf of our advertisers. You may unsubscribe from the opt-in lists at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions contained at the end of the e-mail you receive.
7. Opting Out of Cookie Serving
We are dedicated to providing privacy on the Internet. In addition to developing this Policy, we have provided you the opportunity to opt out of future ad serving cookies. In order to identify you as someone who has elected to opt out of receiving future cookies from ad serving companies, we will place an opt out cookie on your machine.
If you would like to opt out of ad serving cookies or read additional information about these cookies, go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
8. Children's Privacy
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. The Website and Services are designed and intended for use by adults. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we know is under the age of 18.
While we will maintain the security of PII, and protect the integrity of such information, with a commercially reasonable degree of care, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. We do not make any warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will be able to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access to, or alteration of information you provide to us. You make any disclosure of information to us at your own risk. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your information when you are on the internet, including when visiting the Site.
10. Market Research
Our Market Research entity, "Healthcare Research & Analytics" (HRA), is committed to serving the industry by providing market research in the healthcare business space.
HRA will respect the legal requirements that exist regarding the privacy of PII and we are committed to complying with all applicable law. HRA will, from time to time, review its PII collection, use, and disclosure practices in order to assure compliance with laws and regulations.
Regarding PII and other data collected for an in any market research activity in which you may elect to participate, we will maintain procedures consistent with applicable law for individuals to gain access to their collected PII and, when appropriate, correct any information that is inaccurate or incomplete, change their individual consent level, or have their PII deleted.
We will contractually require others who acquire or provide PII from or to us, including those engaged to provide support services, at a minimum, to adopt and comply with the principles and objectives of this policy.
We will publish the procedures for verifying compliance and responding to complaints regarding potential deviations from its established procedures for protecting personally identifiable information. In addition to HRA's internal Privacy Compliance Officer, the Council of American Survey Research Organizations (CASRO), is another resource for questions about verification and complaint processing.
If you are concerned about our use of your PII in market research, please contact us at email@example.com or at the mailing address below. You may also contact CASRO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HRA - Healthcare Research & Analytics LLC
400 Lanidex Plaza, Suite 102
Parsippany, NJ 07054
11. Contact Information
Any questions regarding this Policy should be directed to us at email@example.com or the mailing address below.
MJH Healthcare Holdings, LLC
Office Center at Princeton Meadows
2 Clarke Drive, Suite 100
Cranbury, NJ 08512